Backlogged bathtubs are particularly irritating when you've been looking forward to a relaxing soak. When bathtubs begin to back up, occasionally dirty water or unpleasant scents may be present. But why can the water in your bathtub be backed up? Continue reading to find out more about the signs and symptoms, the underlying reasons, and the several remedies that are offered.
Symptoms of Blocked Drainage SystemsSeveral symptoms may notify you of clogged drainage systems. The following are some typical signs of obstructed drainage systems:
• The water drains slowly as you exit the shower or bath.
• After running the bathroom sink, the water in your toilet rises or bubbles.
• Water gets into the shower when you flush the toilet.
• Your drains smell like a sewer.
The aforementioned warning signs invariably indicate either minor or major sewage line plumbing issues. Do not put off calling a qualified emergency plumber if you notice these symptoms.
What Leads to Clogged Drains?Clogged sewer and drainage systems can seriously harm floors, walls, and electrical systems if they are not fixed right away. Some of the typical reasons for clogged sewer systems are listed below:
• As they age, drainage pipes become more prone to damage. Due to the increasing pressure caused by development, old pipelines may leak. If there is a leak, dirt and other debris that clog sewer systems are likely to get in.
• Insoluble goods: When goods like wipes, cooled grease, condoms, and feminine products are flushed down the toilet, they clog up sizable sewer pipes.
• Tree and shrub roots: When searching for underground water sources, shrub and tree roots may squeak into pipes, leading to their breakage and damage to the joints of the pipes. Such damages allow dirt and other debris to enter the pipe, obstructing it.
• Multipurpose Pipes: Sewer line blockages may also be caused by multipurpose pipes conveying excessive amounts of raw sewage and rainfall during downpours, particularly in low-lying drains.
Drain Clog Removal MethodsIt is typically better to call a qualified plumber to fix the issue as soon as you become aware of the warning signs of blocked systems. Here are a few instances of typical responses to these issues:
The problem is investigated through video inspection.
• Hydro jetting to unclog your clogged system.
• Using drain cleaners to clear clogged pipes.
• Use a cleaning tool with drain snakes
• Replacement the pipes
Bathtub backups often indicate a plumbing problem with your sewer line or drainage pipes. You may frequently see a variety of warning signs on your different drainage systems, which should notify you of the issue. If you see warning signs like bubbling toilet water or sewage aromas coming from the drains, don't wait to call emergency plumbing experts. Share this post with your family and friends to keep them safe from clogged bathtubs.
If you're not confident enough to undertake this kind of repair yourself, our experts at True Plumbers and A/C are available by phone to address all of your plumbing concerns.
The Elizabeth plumbers at Elizabeth Plumbers and Drain Service are always available to help with any of your drain and air conditioning-related issues. If the aforementioned methods have failed or you are too afraid to try the unclogging process yourself, our team is ready to help. To speak with one of our qualified plumbers right immediately, dial (908) 988-0365. Our comprehensive variety of plumbing services is available to homes in and around Elizabeth, New Jersey.