Natural gas is a large source of survival in most homes. It provides us a way to cook, clean and even take a hot shower. But, if your gas source is not installed correctly, or maintained properly, a gas leak can become dangerous or even life-threatening.
There are several ways to detect if you have a gas leak in your home. The most obvious sign is the smell of sulfer, this has a rotten smell that is unappealing. Some other signs to help identify a gas leak can be any of the below:
-hissing or whistling sound
-bubbles, dust or a cloud in standing water
-a visible cut or damage in the gas line
-your house plants suddenly die
-orange flame on stove top
If any or all of these signs are apparent in your home, you need to turn off your pilot light or gas meter and call your gas company immediately. If you are a victim of a gas leak, and you take care of the situation immediately, you can prevent you and everyone in your home from carbon monoxide poisoning or even a house fire. Installing carbon monoxide detectors is a great way to prevent your home from any danger involving gas leaks or carbon monoxide exposure. Regular maintenance on any appliance can also help prevent future gas leaks. Also, checking batteries on your carbon monoxide detectors reguarly will keep you safe in your home. Staying on top of these preventive practices is a great habit to help keep your home safe.
Visit Us On Facebook!
Elizabeth Plumbing and Drain Service
362 Elmora Ave. #323, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07202
Learn more about us - watch this video!
Leave a Reply.
Need a PLUMBING SERVICE?
CALL US NOW!